1. Protecting your privacy
1.1 Logan Chamber of Commerce Incorporated is committed to protecting your privacy.
1.2 We are bound by the National Privacy Principles under the Commonwealth Privacy Act. The National Privacy Principles and this Privacy Statement set out the standards of protection you can expect in respect of your personal information.
1.3 Set out below is the information which we are required under the National Privacy Principles to give you, as a user of this web site or any of our web sites. We recommend that you keep a copy of this information for future reference.
1.4 By accessing and using our web site or any of our web sites or by submitting information to us, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information in the ways described in this Privacy Statement.
2. About us
2.1 Our main places of business are located within Australia. Our websites, www.loganchamber.com.au and related projects are intended to be operated within and accessed within Australia.
3. Your personal information
3.1 We may hold a variety of personal information about you, including your name, date of birth, your current and previous addresses, your phone number, e-mail address, and certain details about your personal interests.
3.2 Occasionally, you may need to give us personal information about other people - for example, your family or other authorised representatives. If so, we rely on you to tell those individuals that you are giving their personal information to us.
3.3 If you choose not to give personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to some or all of the web site or to our other products and services.
4. How we collect personal information
4.1 We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you - for example, when you send us an email or complete and submit an online form;
- from third parties - for example, our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources; and
- when legally required to do so.
5. How we collect personal information from the Web Site
5.1 We may also collect personal information about you when you use and access our web sites.
5.2 One of the ways we may collect information about you is through the use of “cookie”. A cookie is a small text file that the web site may place on your computer. Cookies may be used, among other things, to track the pages you have visited, to remember your preferences and to store personal information about you.
5.3 You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web site or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
5.4 When you visit our web site our web server may record other information about or relating to you, such as the time and date of your visit or the IP address assigned to the computer you are using to access the web site. In many cases, we cannot and do not use this information to identify you personally - rather, we simply use this information to track and improve the performance of the web sites.
6. How we use your personal information
6.1 Your personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
- to give you access to our web sites and to the content and other things on the web sites;
- to enter you into competitions and promotions;
- to market our products and services (or those of other people) to you, including by email;
- to inform you of changes to our web sites, or our business, or to the content and other things available from the web sites;
- to conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud; and
- for internal business purposes - for example, to research and develop the web sites and our other products and services.
6.2 If you do not want to us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, please contact our Privacy Officer by sending an email to [email protected]
7. When we disclose your personal information
7.1 We may disclose your personal information to each other, to our related companies and to various outside organisations (some of which may be located in foreign countries). Except as permitted under the National Privacy Principles, we will only disclose your personal information for one of the purposes set out in part 7.1 above.
7.2 Some of the outside organisations we may disclose your personal information to include:
- our advertisers and sponsors;
- other organisations involved in the operation and management of the Web Site, including market research companies and IT service providers;
- your representatives, including your legal advisers;
- credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- our professional advisers, including our legal advisers and accountants;
- government and regulatory authorities, including the Australian Broadcasting Authority; and
- organisations that all of part of our assets or businesses.
7.3 If any of these organisations are located outside Australia, you expressly consent to us disclosing your personal information to those organisations.
7.4 We take reasonable steps to ensure that each organisation that we disclose your personal information to is committed to protecting your privacy.
8. Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
8.1 We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
8.2 Please help us by:
(a) letting us know if there are any errors in the information we hold about you; and
(b) keeping us up to date with changes to your information, such changes to your name or address.
9. How you can access your personal information
9.1 You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer. For security reasons, we may ask you to put your request in writing.
9.2 We may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
10. Preventing unauthorised access to your personal information
10.1 We will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of and to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information.
10.2 However, we do not guarantee that unauthorised access to your personal information will not occur, either during transmission of that information to us or after we receive that information.
11. Linked sites
11.1 Our web sites may contain links to other Internet web sites. These links are provided solely for your convenience.
11.2 If you submit personal information to or via any linked site, the privacy principles applying to that information will be outside our control. You should therefore check the privacy statement of the linked site before submitting information to or via that site.
12. Changes to our Privacy Statement
12.1 From time to time, we may need to change this Privacy Statement to reflect our changing business practices. We may therefore change this Privacy Statement at any time by posting the changed Privacy Statement on this web site.
12.2 All personal information collected and held by us will be governed by our most recent Privacy Statement, as posted on this web site.
13. How to contact us
13.1 If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer by sending an email to [email protected]. This email address should not be used for general inquiries.
13.2 If you have a general inquiry relating to our web sites or any of our services, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]